Too Little Time

Ever since I read the poem "Daddy" by Sylvia Plath I have always had a strong interest in Sylvia Plath as a person. I started to read more of her poetry, my favorites that I have read so far have been "Lady Lazarus," "Ariel," and "The Moon and the Yew Tree." I find her poetry so meaningful and full of emotion. I became so intrigued after reading some of her most depressing work that I decided to research her to try to understand the background of the poems. After researching, I realized that in her life she did face many difficulties, which worsened with her mental illness. It does not take a long time to read a poem, although my reflection on the work usually takes longer. I have always wanted to read The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath but have never gotten to it because I have never had time to read a full book, so I have filled that curiosity by reading her poems instead.

Comments

  1. Camille,
    I have never been particularly interested in poetry, preferring the length and structure of books instead. However, the way you talk about how Sylvia Plath is able to condense such powerful messages into such a small medium makes me second guess my previous apprehensions regarding poetry. I too look into the backgrounds of artists, musicians, and writers whose artwork really interests me so that I may see what background enabled them to create from the unique perspective that they do. That you have done so with Plath shows me that her work really speaks to you, and for this reason I too will look into her writing.

    P.S. There is always enough time to read

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clarissa: A Peculiar Protagonist

Elesin in Death and the King's Horseman

Prospera vs. Prospero